Why use Paddy Compare for home insurance?

We will do the hard work for you and put you in contact with home insurance brokers that are ready to help and provide you with great quotes.

  • Get cheaps quotes in minutes
  • One-page quote forms
  • Independent and unbiased service
  • Brokers you can trust

Compare home insurance from our leading providers

We're dedicated to helping you get a great deal on your home insurance, speak to our trusted home insurance brokers today.

BestCover Insurance
Britton Insurance

Why get home insurance?

Let's talk about home insurance

What is home insurance?

Home insurance is all about peace of mind and protecting your home should anything happen. Home insurance in Ireland protects your home and your belongings against damage, theft or vandalism. The right policy will protect against those uncontrollable events such as such as storms, flood, loss, theft, and even fire. At Paddy Compare we know that the home is where the heart is, so put your mind at ease and get home insurance cover today.

Are you a homeowner?

Do I need home insurance?

Unlike car insurance, home insurance is not required by law, but it is strongly recommended and many lenders often require it to be in place before they will offer you a mortgage. If you are only a renter, then you will only require contents insurance, your landlord will look after the buildings insurance cover.

What does home insurance cover?

The most comprehensive cover is buildings and contents insurance. Buildings insurance will cover the structure of your home in the event of fire, flood, subsidence, theft and falling trees. Contents insurance will protect your belongings against theft, fire and flooding, such as your TV, sofa and kitchen table. The average family of four will have contents of approximately €30,000 in value. Accidental damage and legal expenses cover are popular policy add-ons and should be discussed with your insurer if required. It is common practice to take out a combined buildings and contents insurance policy. Home insurance will not cover standard wear and tear.

How much does home insurance cost?

The cost of your home insurance will vary considerably based on a number of factors to include: the size and value of your property; the number of bedrooms; the construction type for example if built by brick or wood; the location; the cost to rebuild your home; the value of your contents; and the level of security you have within your home.

How do I get cheap home insurance quotes?

You could get a discount on your home insurance policy if you are claim free and have built up a no claims bonus. If you have a security alarm installed and can show that it is regularly maintained you may be able to reduce the price. Some insurers will also offer a discount if you have your car insurance or another policy with them aswell. You could also decide to buy a cheaper home and one that is built from standard construction materials, and not located in a flood risk or high crime area. You could also save by shopping around and comparing prices, and considering to pay a greater excess.

Why Paddy Compare for home insurance in Ireland?

At Paddy Compare, we search the home insurance market in Ireland for you so you don't have to. We work with a range of local home insurance providers ready to provide you with quotes. Simply complete our online home insurance quote form and our partner brokers will be in contact as soon as possible.

Your testimonials

What our customers have said about us

What types of home insurance benefits and add-ons are available?

Every home insurance policy is different and will be tailored to your family needs and circumstances, speak to our advisers and get the right home insurance cover today.

Emergency home assistance

Emergency home cover may or may not be included as standard but comes in handy should something sudden happen out of hours for example, you got locked out of your home or if a pipe bursts in your home. Emergency home insurance will cover the costs of call out and repair up to a certain value. It can be really useful!!

Audio and visual equipment cover

This will form part of contents cover, and will cover certain audit and visual equipment such as TVs and stereos up to certain value. Again this will give you some extra peace of mind should you have a lot of electrical visual equipment in the home.

Legal protection

Legal protection cover will support you with any home related legal costs, such as conveyancing, inheritance and probate.

Accidental damage

Accidental damage does exactly what it says on the tin - it protects you against costly accidents that you could make in the home that would not be covered as standard, for example if you break a window, or make a costly DIY mistake.

New for old contents cover

New for old contents cover will mean the insurer will replace the damaged or stolen goods with new ones as opposed to providing you with the value.

Fire brigade cover

This add on will cover the costs of fire brigade call out as a result of a fire or an incident at your property, usually up to around €2,000.

  • How much buildings cover do I need?

    You should insure your home for the full rebuild cost including the cost to reinstate driveways and garages. It is most important to get the sum insured figure correct.

  • What details do I need to get a quote?

    You will need the details of your property, your claims history, your property value, the contents and their value, the construction type and the number of bedrooms, and your contact details.

  • How much contents cover do I need?

    You generally have two options, you either get contents cover as a percentage of the buildings value for example 30%, or you add up the total value of your contents and use that.

  • Do I need to tell my insurer if I am renting out a room?

    Yes you should notify your insurance broker if you have a lodger as this could increase the cost of your policy.

Ready to get your home insurance?

Compare home insurance quotes from leading brokers for the best prices on the market.